Regular Bus Schedule
Regular stops are at the following times (given in minutes past the hour):
|Wal-Mart||:00 (until 7 pm)|
|Super One||:45 (until 3:45 pm)|
To schedule pick-up from a different location, please call 263-7115.
Regular stops are made Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., with the 7:30 p.m. pickup bringing passengers to their final destination.
Dial-A-Ride begins operation at 6:00 a.m., with rides to final destinations by 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. By calling in, this bus will pick you up anywhere in the service area.
- The Dial-a-Ride begins operation at 6:00 a.m., with the last pick-up at 7:45 p.m., Monday - Friday. By calling in, this bus will pick you up anywhere in the service area.
- Saturdays, the bus operates between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., with the last scheduled pick-up at Wal-Mart at 2:00 p.m.
- Sundays, the bus operates between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. with the last scheduled pick-up at Wal-Mart at 1:00 p.m.
Guidelines for Riding
- Call at least 2 hours in advance to schedule your ride 263-7115. Have ready your pick-up location, destination and requested time to arrive at destination.
- Exact fare amount or pass is due at the time of boarding. Drivers cannot make change.
- Be ready 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Call in your cancellation as soon as possible if service is no longer needed.
- Bad weather or road conditions will affect the schedule. Please be patient and know that safety is our main concern.
- City buses are smoke free.
Passes and Regular Bus Fare
|Senior Passes||Unlimited Rides $15.00 per month (ages 62+)|
|Frequent Rider Passes||15 rides for $15.00|
|Bus Fare||$2.00 one way (children under 12 ride free when accompanied by a paying adult.) The driver does not carry change but does accept cash payment for the exact amount|
Purchase bus passes at the following locations:
- Super One Foods
- City Hall Clerk's Office
- Access North Center for Independent Living of Northeastern Minnesota (1309 E. 40th St.,Hibbing)
- All buses are handicapped accessible and lift-equipped. Please specify when calling in if there is a wheelchair passenger so we can schedule enough time for loading and unloading.
- Drivers are licensed and certified.
- Parents traveling with children are encouraged to provide an age-appropriate child safety car seat.
- Passengers are advised to purchase only what they can carry.
The official operating policy for the Hibbing Area Transit is available at the City of Hibbing Clerk's Office. Please report any complaints or suggestions to the City Clerk's office at 262-3486 ext 713.
The Hibbing Area Transit is operated by the City of Hibbing. The service is available to all residents with no age or income requirements.
Children age 12 and under ride free with a paying adult.
Provides weekday transportation between Iron Range Communities and Duluth.
- Transit RFP(click and scroll down)
- 2013 Transit Map
- Public Transportation is for you and Notice regarding Public Transportation April 2014
- Public Transportation Is For You April 2014
- Rights under Title VI August 18, 2014
- Language Assistance Plan
We would like to hear your comments, concerns, complaints, and questions, about the Hibbing Transit Service. Please share your comments in the "How are we doing?" form.
For general questions about the transit service or monthly passes, please call 262-1042 or 262-3486 ex. 713.