It is the policy of the City of Hibbing to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex or age, marital status or status with regard to public assistance or disability, to all applicants including recruitment, employment, job assignment, training, promotion, transfers, rate of pay and other forms of compensation and benefits.
The City of Hibbing posts all potential job openings with the Minnesota Workforce Center. Applicants can complete an application, attach a resume, and the Workforce Center will forward both to the City of Hibbing for any potential openings.
For information about Hibbing Public Utility job openings visit their website or call 218 262-7732.
For assistance finding other jobs within the community, contact:
Refer to these Application Documents, in addition to those in each job posting:
- City of Hibbing Employment Application
- City of Hibbing Employment Policy #104
- City of Hibbing Veteran's Preference Claim
- City of Hibbing Library Aid Employment Application
- City of Hibbing 2018 Summer Employment Application
- Certified Lifeguards
- American Red Cross Certified Water Safety Instructor
- Library Summer Interns
- City Services Maintenance Workers
- Cemetery Lawn Workers
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:22.99/hour
- Posted Date:01/03/2018
NOTICE ONE FULL-TIME
This notice is for present employees of the city of Hibbing who are represented by AFSCME local #791.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Performs work requiring knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles.
- Reason through and plan work in trouble shooting and repairing internal combustion engines.
- Use mechanic’s hand tools in repairing internal combustion engines and trucks, tractors, etc. involving close tolerances.
- Perform work and repairs on automatic transmissions including all passenger cars, trucks, and heavy equipment.
- Perform work requiring knowledge of electronic fuel injection systems and anti-lock brakes systems.
- Use scan tools (engine analyzer) to diagnose problems with electronic injection systems, anti-lock brake systems, and air-bag systems.
- Install and service emergency equipment on Police, Fire, and Ambulance vehicles.
- Use close attention for majority of shift in repairing and assembling of parts and units and to determine nature of repairs needed.
- Random drug testing.
Some attention and care required to prevent damage to tools such as gauges, hand tools, etc.
- Perform tradesman and shop maintenance work
- Must have knowledge of D.O.T. rules, regulations, and inspections.
- Moderate physical exertion and handling materials up to 55 pounds.Bending and working in awkward positions.
High School diploma, or equivalent
- Three (3) years of experience as a mechanic or passing score on the mechanic’s basic skills test conducted by the City of Hibbing.
- Two (2) years of accredited schooling in the Automotive or Diesel Field and two (2) years related work experience.
- Class “A”CDL Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
All letters of application should be submitted to the Human Resources Department. Position is open until filled. The base salary for this position is $22.99/hr.